A2 Key for Schools
A2 Key for Schools is an exam for school-age learners which will help prepare them for higher-level English language qualifications. It’s a logical next step after the Cambridge English Qualifications designed for Young Learners and a good place for older children to start learning English too.
An A2 Key for Schools qualification shows that a student can:
- understand and use basic phrases and expressions
- understand simple written English
- introduce themselves and answer basic questions about themselves
- interact with English speakers at a basic level.
B1 Preliminary for Schools
This is an intermediate-level qualification for students who have mastered the basics of English and now have practical language skills for everyday use
This exam is the logical step in a student’s language learning journey after the A2 Key for Schools and is aimed at school-age learners. A B1 Preliminary for Schools qualification shows that a student can:
- read simple textbooks and articles in English
- write letters and emails on everyday subjects
- understand factual information
- show awareness of opinions and mood in spoken and written English.